Step 1. Log into your PrestaShop admin panel.
Step 3. Enter the name of the slider or just “slider” in the “Search” field on the Module List page. This will show the “Image slider for your homepage” module.
The module’s configuration screen consists of two sections: Settings and Slides list.
On the module Settings page you can change the slider options (such as width, speed, etc.) and on the Slides list (slide images, URLs, descriptions, etc.).
Step 6. The “Slider List” allows you to upload, edit, re-order or delete slider images. By default this part contains the original slider images. Click “Enabled” to disable, “Delete” to delete them or “Edit” to replace them with your images.
You can add more slides. Click “+” on the image module’s configuration screen.
- Select a file: click “Choose a file” to navigate to a new image on your computer and upload it (you can have a different image for each language);
- Title (it appears in the “Slides configuration” section, and helps you sort the images);
- URL (you can choose to send the customer to a given page of your shop when he or she clicks the image. This is useful when the image promotes a certain product, category or manufacturer);
- Caption (the alternate text to be used if somehow the image cannot be loaded);
- Active: yes/now to enable/disable the particular slide.
To the right of each option there is a language button to select the Multilingual version of your site.
Step 8. Click “Save” when you are finish.
Make sure that all the images have the exact same size, and that this size is reflected in the block’s own size (in the “Slider configuration” section).
To re-order the slides, select the one you would like to change the current position of and drag it to the desired position.
Step 9. Open the frontend of your site to see the changes.